Reference name requirements for eVisa
The Indian eVisa is an electronic travel authorization that allows foreign nationals to visit India for tourism , business, or medical purposes. One of the requirements for obtaining an Indian eVisa is to provide a reference name. This is a person who is a citizen or resident of India and who can attest to the applicant's identity and purpose of visit. The reference can be a friend, family member, colleague, or business associate.
There are a few reasons why the Indian government requires a reference name for eVisa applicants. First, it helps to verify the applicant's identity and prevent fraud. Second, it provides a contact person in India who can be reached in case of an emergency. Third, it helps to ensure that the applicant is a genuine visitor who is planning to leave India at the end of their stay.
To be eligible as a reference for an Indian eVisa, the person must be:
- A citizen or resident of India
- Over the age of 18 years old
- Able to provide their contact information, including their address, phone number, and email address
- Must be willing to provide assistance to the applicant if needed.
- The applicant must also provide the reference's full name, date of birth, and contact information.
To provide a reference for an Indian eVisa, the reference must complete a form and submit it to the Indian government . The form can be downloaded from the Indian Visa Services website.
The following are examples of acceptable reference names:
- Family member or friend
- Business partner
- Hotel representative
- Tour guide
The applicant will need to provide the following information for their reference name:
- The reference's full name
- The reference's date of birth
- The reference's contact information
- The reference's address
- The reference'sEmail address
- The reference's relationship to the applicant
- The reference's signature
It is important to note that the reference name is not required to meet the applicant at the airport or to provide any financial assistance. However, the reference name should be able to provide the applicant with assistance if needed, such as providing directions or helping to contact the Indian embassy or consulate.
Once the reference has completed and submitted the form, the applicant will be able to proceed with their eVisa application.
The Indian government requires a reference name for eVisa applicants as a way to verify the applicant's identity and prevent fraud. The reference also provides a contact person in India who can be reached in case of an emergency.
Here are some additional tips for choosing a reference name:
- Choose a reference name who is reliable and trustworthy.
- Choose a reference name who will be available to provide assistance if needed.
- Choose a reference name who is familiar with the area where you will be staying in India.
When providing any reference name or contact information, it's important to ensure accuracy and that you have the necessary documentation or confirmation from the respective hotel, organization, or individual. Additionally, the specific requirements and fields in the eVisa application form may change over time, so it's crucial to check the latest instructions and guidelines on the official Indian Visa Services website.
Please note that while providing a reference name or contact information might be a part of the application process, the specific requirements and fields may vary depending on the type of eVisa you are applying for and your individual circumstances. Always refer to the Indian Visa Services website for official guidelines and instructions provided by the Indian government for the most accurate and up-to-date information on eVisa application requirements.