eVisa on Arrival
The Indian eVisa on arrival is a great option for travelers who are planning a last-minute trip to India. It is also a good option for travelers who are not sure how long they will be staying in India, as the visa can be extended while in the country.
The Indian eVisa on arrival is a type of visa that allows travelers to obtain a visa upon arrival at a designated Indian airport. This type of visa is available to citizens of select countries, and the list of countries is subject to change. To be eligible for an Indian eVisa on arrival, travelers must meet the following requirements:
- The eVisa on arrival facility was typically available to citizens of specific countries.
- The eVisa on arrival was typically available at certain designated international airports in India. These airports included major airports in cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, and Bengaluru.
- The eVisa on arrival was usually available for tourists traveling for recreation, sightseeing, casual visits, and meeting friends or relatives. It was also available for short business trips.
- Travelers eligible for the eVisa on arrival would apply for the visa online through the official website of India Visa Services. They were required to complete an online application form, upload the necessary documents (such as a passport-sized photo and passport bio-data page), and pay the visa fee.
- The visa fee for eVisa on arrival would vary depending on the nationality of the traveler and the duration of the stay. The fee was typically paid online during the application process.
- Upon arriving at one of the eligible international airports in India, travelers would need to present their eVisa approval letter along with their passport to the immigration authorities for verification. The approval letter was usually sent to the traveler via email after the online application was approved.
- The eVisa on arrival typically allowed for a stay of up to 60 days with double entry. However, the exact duration and conditions may vary depending on the specific category of eVisa and the traveler's nationality.
Once travelers have met all of the eligibility requirements, they can apply for the Indian eVisa on arrival on the India Visa Services website. The online application form is simple and straightforward, and the visa fee can be paid using a credit or debit card.
After submitting the application form, travelers will receive an email confirmation. They should print out this email confirmation and take it with them when they travel to India. Upon arrival at a designated Indian airport, travelers will need to present their passport, return flight ticket, and email confirmation to the immigration officer. Be polite and respectful to the immigration officer. The immigration officer will then issue the Indian eVisa on arrival.
- Travelers must have a valid passport from an eligible country.
- Travelers must have a return flight ticket or proof of onward travel.
- Travelers must have sufficient funds to support their stay in India.
- Travelers must complete an online eVisa application form and pay the visa fee.
- It is important to note that the Indian eVisa on arrival is not available to all citizens. Travelers should check the India Visa Services website to see if they are eligible for this type of visa.
- Travelers should also make sure that they have a valid passport and return flight ticket before applying for the Indian eVisa on arrival.
- Travelers should also make sure that they have sufficient funds to support their stay in India.
- Travelers should print out the email confirmation they receive after submitting their online application form and take it with them when they travel to India.
- Travelers should be polite and respectful to the immigration officer when they arrive at the designated Indian airport.
eVisa on Arrival Eligible Countries
The list of countries whose citizens are eligible for an Indian eVisa on arrival is subject to change, but it currently includes the following:
- Korea (Republic of)
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
It is important to note that the Indian eVisa on arrival is not available to all citizens of these countries. Travelers should check the India Visa Services website to see if they are eligible for this type of visa.
Disclaimer: The Indian eVisa on arrival is subject to change at any time, and it is the responsibility of the traveler to check the IndiaVisa Services website for the most up-to-date information.
Welcome to India!