eVisa Photo Requirement
Photo requirements for an Indian eVisa typically included the following specifications:
- The photo must be a recent, passport-style photo of you.
- The photo must be in color
- The photo must be in JPEG format and must be less than 1MB in size.
- The photograph must be in a square aspect ratio , with a minimum size of 350 pixels x 350 pixels and a maximum size of 1000 pixels x 1000 pixels.
- The background of the photo must be white or a light-colored plain background.
- Your face must be centered in the photo and must be clearly visible.
- Your facial expression should be neutral, and you should not smile or frown. Keep your mouth closed.
- Your eyes must be open and visible must be looking directly at the camera and not covered by hair or accessories.
- The head should be centered within the frame, and it should cover about 70-80% of the photo's height.
- You must not be wearing any sunglasses, hats, or other head coverings.
- If you wear headgear for religious or cultural reasons, it must not cover your face, and your face should be visible from the bottom of your chin to the top of your forehead, including both cheeks.
- Ensure there are no shadows on your face or background.
- Wear normal clothing. Uniforms, camouflage attire , and clothing that resembles the background color should be avoided.
- The photo should have good contrast and brightness, with no overexposure or underexposure.
- The resolution of the photograph should be high enough to show all the facial details clearly.
Here are some additional tips for taking a good eVisa photo:
- Make sure the photo is well-lit and that your face is evenly lit.
- Avoid taking the photo in direct sunlight.
- Make sure your hair is pulled back so that your face is fully visible.
- Wear plain, neutral-colored clothing.
- Avoid wearing jewelry or makeup.
- Ask a friend or family member to take your photo for you.
Once you have taken your photo, you can upload it to the India Visa Services website. Be sure to review the photo requirements carefully before uploading it. If your photo does not meet the requirements, your eVisa application may be rejected.