Indian business e-Visa for US citizens
US citizens can obtain an Indian business e-Visa online. The e-Visa is valid for one year and allows for multiple entries into India.
Requirements for an Indian business e-Visa
To be eligible for an Indian business e-Visa, you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Have a valid passport with at least six months of validity remaining.
- Have a return ticket from India.
- Have a valid business invitation from an Indian company.
How to apply for an Indian business e-Visa
To apply for an Indian business e-Visa, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the India Visa Services website and create an account.
- Fill out the e-Visa application form.
- Upload your passport photo and a scanned copy of your passport.
- Pay the e-Visa fee.
Once you have created an account, you must fill out the online application form and upload the required documents. The required documents include:
- A scanned copy of your passport's biodata page.
- A scanned copy of your recent passport-size photo.
- A scanned copy of your business invitation letter.
- Proof of payment of the visa fee.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email notification with the status of your application. If your application is approved, you will receive an e-Visa in your email inbox. You must print the e-Visa and carry it with you when you travel to India.
The Indian business e-Visa is valid for 120 days from the date of issue. However, you can only stay in India for up to 60 days on a single entry. If you need to stay longer, you must apply for a new e-Visa.
Fees for an Indian business e-Visa
The fee for an Indian business e-Visa is USD 100. The fee can be paid using a credit or debit card.
Processing time for an Indian business e-Visa
The processing time for an Indian business e-Visa is typically 3-5 business days . However, it is important to note that the processing time may be longer during peak season.
Validity of an Indian business e-Visa
An Indian business e-Visa is valid for one year from the date of issue. It allows for multiple entries into India.
How to use an Indian business e-Visa
To use an Indian business e-Visa, you must print it out and carry it with you when you travel to India. Upon arrival at an Indian port of entry, you will need to present your e-Visa to the immigration officer. The immigration officer will then stamp your passport with an entry visa.
Important information about Indian business e-Visas
- An Indian business e-Visa is only valid for business travel. It cannot be used for tourist or other purposes.
- You must travel to India within 120 days of the date your e-Visa is issued.
- You cannot extend the validity of your e-Visa.
- If you lose your e-Visa, you can apply for a new one online.
If you have any questions about the Indian business e-Visa, you can contact the Indian embassy or consulate in the United States.
Additional things to keep in mind when applying for an Indian business e-Visa:
- You must apply for the e-Visa at least 4 days before you travel to India.
- The e-Visa is not valid for travel to the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep Islands, or Protected Area Permits (PAPs).
- You must arrive at one of the designated airports in India to use your e-Visa. The designated airports are: Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi, Bengaluru, Trivandrum, Ahmedabad, Goa, Amritsar, and Lucknow.
- You must have a copy of your e-Visa printed out when you arrive at the airport.
- You must be able to show proof of your business invitation letter and return or onward ticket when you arrive at the airport.